Our Mission: To Help improve the lives of underprivileged students and their families in the greater Jacksonville area during the holidays.
Bring Joy by Providing Necessities to Students
Bright Holidays, a recognized public charity, was founded to help underprivileged students and families in the greater Jacksonville, FL area during the holiday season. Bright Holidays operates on a seasonal basis, relying solely on volunteers and operates with no fixed expenses. Nearly 100% of donations go directly to benefit disadvantaged children and families. Continue reading...
Bright Holidays Helps Children in Need
David Garrard Teams Up with Bright Holidays for 2012 Campaign
Last season, David Garrard served as Honorary Chair of the Bright Holidays fundraising campaign, teaming up with us to help underprivileged kids for the sixth year. Learn more about David Garrard's role »»
- In 2012, Bright Holidays provided necessities to more than 750 children in need at 35 Jacksonville-area schools.
- Despite a troubled economy, total donations in 2012 exceeded $94,000, an increase over 2011 totals.
- 71% of 2011 donors contributed again in 2012 with 87% maintaining or increasing their level of participation.
- Of the money spent on gifts, 95% went for essential items such as food, clothing and school supplies; 2% was used for simple gifts such as art supplies, games and balls.
- 2012 operating expenses totaled $2,810, less than 3% of monies received.
- Area businesses including Allstate, Baptist Health, BB + T, Comcast Spotlight, Frances King Insurance Agency, Hallmark Partners, JC Foundation, Kirbo Charitable Foundation, Neviaser Foundation, On Ideas, PSS World Medical, Publix Charities, Regency Electric, Sargent Cycle Products, Sawgrass Asset Management, South Council of the Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce, and Southern Property Planners contributed to our mission through gifts of time and treasure.
- More than 350 volunteers handled the shopping, sorting, wrapping and delivery of gifts.
The Board of Directors anticipates that this list of schools will change over time based on the success of fund-raising efforts and the identification of those in need.